Roger Gough

Monday 18 September 2023

Addressing defects on PWE works

As many residents will know, works over the weekend on the Row Dow junction table top were defective with a severe gap at the top of the ramp. There was therefore a site meeting this morning between KCC and the contractor and subcontractor. There was an action for temporary tarmac to be installed in the afternoon to make it safe until the top of the ramp could be surfaced, although this was not apparent to me when I drove through it in the early evening. With a further closure organised, surfacing was due to take place tonight, and the road is now closed.

Hopefully- though experience makes us all cautious on this - the work should be carried out and the road reopened before the morning. The works on the Tudor Drive junction table top should be carried out this weekend as previously advised.

It shouldn’t be like this, and from KCC’s side, I can only apologise. We will of course be going through this with the contractors to establish what has gone so badly wrong. I also took up with officers earlier today the best route for residents who wish to make a complaint or have a claim in relation to damage to a car. This is being worked through and I will confirm when I have the full details.

My apologies too that this report comes late in the day; I was in long meetings with very poor Wi-Fi through much of today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment