Roger Gough

Sunday 26 July 2020

A trip to the tip

Today (and last weekend, when I made my booking) I had the chance to be a mystery shopper of the Council's system for visiting Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) - in my case, my local HWRC in Swanley. All round, a very good experience; the recently introduced new booking system was quick and easy to use, and I booked in my session for today. I received several email reminders between then and now.

Today I visited and it was all very smooth; I went straight in, social distancing was easily observed and staff were (as always) friendly and helpful.

As Leader, I have been deeply involved with and have backed our approach of a managed reopening, using the booking system and gradually making its operation more flexible. The evidence I have seen, and in particular feedback from residents, has in general been very positive, But there's nothing like experiencing it yourself.    




No comments:

Post a Comment