Roger Gough

Sunday 5 October 2014

Road issues in Horton Kirby and South Darenth

I recently joined a meeting of the Parish Council, District Council, Kent Highways officers, The Mill management company and others to discuss a range of traffic and highways problems in Horton Kirby and South Darenth.

In addition to the parking issues discussed and picked up by Sevenoaks District Council, we also addressed the continuing and problematic presence of HGVs in parts of the village; on this I undertook to check on the ongoing work that KCC does with the SatNav companies, as well as looking into 'Not Suitable for HGV' signs.

Kent Highways has undertaken to remove the unwanted rumble strip outside Gifford Cottages. There is also a wish to replace the temporary bollards there with something more permanent. I am looking into the possibility of covering that - possibly co-financed with others - from my Combined Member Fund.

Finally, we are looking again at speed surveys, notably on Dartford Road (for which there has been a petition to reduce the speed limit) as well as reviewing the results of past surveys that I paid for from my (then) Member Highway Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment