Roger Gough

Sunday 14 April 2013

Further resurfacing update: Farningham completed, Crockenhill delayed

An amendment is needed for my previous post (10 April); resurfacing crews were not on the ground in Crockenhill in the latter part of last week, as became clear to me when I visited the site. It appears that the weather had produced further delays and so the works scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday did not take place.

More positively, the two resurfacing schemes in Farningham - White Post Hill and Beesfield Lane - have taken place (picture of Beesfield Lane attached). 

The two Farningham sites were scheduled for completion earlier in the week. However, because of the weather, they were not completed until Wednesday. The crews were then expected to move on to Stones Cross Road on Thursday (as per my previous post), but the weather deteriorated once more and so this work was put on hold, which is frustrating and disappointing. 

Clearly it is imperative that the Stones Cross Road project is completed as soon as possible, and the weather outlook is at least somewhat more encouraging. I will post again as soon as I have a new date for the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment